Simple to use, providing lactate concentration in blood in just 45 seconds. The result is comparable to a laboratory reference standard.
Lactate measuring is a very good indicator of blood perfusion throughout the body. It helps detect and evaluate the severity of hypoxia and lactic acidosis. The higher the lactate measure the more critical the patient would be. Cases where perfusion may be affected would be:
Gastric dilatation volvulus (GDV), equine colic, cardiovascular disease, sepsis and babesiosis. Studies have shown that if you resolve the Lactate levels within 24hours after presentation, the survival rate becomes better. Knowing the lactate levels will help with your prognosis and determine what the outcome would be financially as well. Normal lactate levels: Dogs 1.8-2.5 mmol/L
- Only needs a small drop of whole blood – capillary, EDTA or heparin (<3 l).
- Stores up to 300 results, each with date and time displayed, and users can transfer these results into a PC for in depth analysis
- Advanced Biosensor Test Strips
- Fast Siphoning Action
- Fast Testing Time
- Large LCD Display
- Date and Time Stamped Memory
- Battery life: approximately 1,000 tests
The EDGE™ Starter Kit contains:
1 Meter Kit (meter, battery, ,monitor checker, 5 strips code card, 5 lancets, lancet device, user guide and kit bag)